Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Take on The Philippine Senate

In a few months, we will once again cap this ordeal of a campaign with an election of a new batch of leaders including 12 characters who would constitute the Philippine Senate. Now, I've been dwelling deeply in the United States Presidential Elections which is more than a year away and I have yet to post an item under this blog which deals with something much closer to home. Shame on you, Mr. Kite! Where's your sense of nationalism? Why not give equal coverage to those "honorable" men and women who make up the alleged bastion of Philippine Democracy? Do something for your country. Be a patriot!

ALRIGHT!! Enough! Ok? I will accede to this annoying call of conscience and give you my take on the Philippine Senate. Here goes nothing....

On August 29, 1916, the United States Congress enacted "The Philppine Autonomy Act", otherwise known as the "Jones Law", which provided for the creation of a bicameral legislature, wherein the first Philippine Senate was created, slosgjhnoclndlhond,fyhdasllx adoaqeiflkholnfelhfldnflandlfjhaopdnfldjhfand,fanduhfeonrqLHEFNOalefnlfnfaldnflandflANDFLndflNLFllajfapjfal
sjeoutmenudmeofchbtpdhnroeygflwfloyuaehtr;waoefoiHWTR;prg;eufnanojhrefaqwrh1340aslgkhagfangf...

Oh, sorry. Dozed off a little bit. Oh shit, its almost 6:00 pm. Gotta hit the gym. See ya!

Hey, you can't say I didn't try.............

4 comments:

Baby Blues said...

As Thumper would put it, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." :-) That's why I don't post on Philippine politics. I don't want to waste space on my blog. :-)

Bea said...

Ah, come on guys. Can't be that bad, can it? (I wouldn't know, can't say Philipine politics has been my strongest subject over the years...)

Bea

Mandy said...

Whatever you say, make sure it's interesting enough so that you don't put yourself to sleep again! ;-)
Don't know much about Ph politics... perhaps you could give us a precis of the history?

The Momcaster said...

hey mr. kite!
do you know which 12 senators you're gonna put on your ballot?
I DON'T!!!
choices, choices... what a crappy lot to choose from!